A complete guide about Turkish citizenship
Table of Contents
- Here is a complete guide that includes everything related to Turkish citizenship through real estate investment in Turkey.
- First: Conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship through real estate investment in Turkey in 2024
- Second: The official papers required to obtain Turkish citizenship through real estate investment:
- Third: Steps of obtaining Turkish citizenship through real estate investment:
- Fourth: Advantages of obtaining Turkish citizenship:
- Fifth: Advantages of buying a property in Turkey:
- Is the Turkish citizenship law subject to amendment and change?
- Investing in agricultural lands and construction lands in Turkey does not qualify the owner to obtain Turkish citizenship
Luxury Signature helps you obtain Turkish citizenship through real estate investment in Turkey within only three months, under the supervision of a professional legal team on all procedures and processes, from the first step until receiving the passport.
Here is a complete guide that includes everything related to Turkish citizenship through real estate investment in Turkey.
First: Conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship through real estate investment in Turkey in 2024
- Purchasing a property or group of properties on Turkish lands worth at least $400.000.
- Maintain the property and not sell it for at least 3 years.
- The person wishing to buy real estate and obtain Turkish citizenship must be a holder of one of the nationalities that are allowed to own and buy real estate in Turkey. This law includes most nationalities with the exception of the following nationalities: Syrian, Armenian, Cuban, Nigerian, and North Korean.
- The property must be officially registered in the name of the foreign investor.
- The property must be suitable for housing or investment.
- The property must be free of any mortgage or lien.
- Submitting the foreign investor’s latest criminal record document from his country of origin during the past six months.
Second: The official papers required to obtain Turkish citizenship through real estate investment:
- A copy of the property title deed in Turkey (Tapu) certified by the notary public.
- The real estate appraisal report, issued by an accredited Turkish institution, and not exceeding 3 months from the date of submitting the application for Turkish citizenship, and the value of the property registered in the property appraisal report must be in accordance with the amount registered in the title deed (Tapu).
- All original payment receipts from the buyer's bank account.
- All original receivables from the seller's bank account.
- Receipt of proof of payment of the Turkish citizenship application tax.
- Authorization from the buyer to a certified Turkish lawyer to submit the Turkish citizenship file.
- A copy of the real estate owner's passport translated into Turkish, and the passport of the wife and children under the age of 18 and certified by the notary public.
- A copy of the marriage contract translated into Turkish and certified by a notary public.
- A document proving the place and date of birth (birth certificate) for all family members, translated into Turkish and certified by a notary public.
- A non-judgmental document for the owner of the property and his wife, to be extracted from Turkey.
- A family statement document or family book, translated into Turkish and certified by a notary public.
- Two personal photos for all family members.
- Obtaining a tax number for all family members.
Third: Steps of obtaining Turkish citizenship through real estate investment:
- Buying a property or several properties worth at least $400.000 and maintaining the property and not selling it for at least 3 years. We, at Luxury Signature, strive to help our valued customers by providing free real estate consultations, providing you with all the necessary details about the property, and providing the best real estate offers that are commensurate with the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship.
- Preparing the official papers necessary to complete the purchase process and obtain the title deed, which include:
- The buyer's passport translated into Turkish and certified by a notary public in Turkey (Notre).
- A copy of the personal identity of the purchaser of the property, or the official power of attorney in the case that the buyer appoints someone to represent him.
- One personal (biometric) photo of the seller, and two photos of the buyer.
- DASK property earthquake insurance paper.
- Real estate registry document.
- Extracting a tax number for the buyer.
- A common allowance document from the municipality to which the property belongs.
- Real estate appraisal report.
- After obtaining the title deed of the property, you can apply for Turkish citizenship, and prepare the required official papers mentioned earlier.
- Submission of the application file for Turkish citizenship, including all the required official papers and the registration of the electronic application. In the case of the successful registration of the application, the citizenship procedures will start, and the investor does not need to be present during the application period for Turkish citizenship, as he can appoint a trusted authority to ensure that his application is followed up to the end.
Fourth: Advantages of obtaining Turkish citizenship:
- When you obtain Turkish citizenship, you will hold a Turkish passport, which is ranked among the strongest and best passports in the world, which is valid for 10 years when receiving it and can be renewed for life.
- Turkey's passport is ranked 48th in the world according to the Guide Passport Index and the number of visa-free destinations that can be reached with a Turkish passport is 72.
- Enjoying the rights of citizenship, candidacy, and vote in the various Turkish elections.
- Granting Turkish citizenship to the wife and children under the age of 18.
- You can keep your original nationality without being forced to renounce it.
- Free treatment at the state's expense in all government hospitals, and at low prices in private hospitals.
- Free education, benefit from grants and educational opportunities in Turkish public and private schools and universities.
- Benefit from the retirement system upon reaching the age of 60 years and above or after completing 25 years of work.
Fifth: Advantages of buying a property in Turkey:
- The possibility of obtaining a real estate residence in Turkey.
- The possibility of obtaining Turkish citizenship.
- The possibility of obtaining a Turkish passport, after obtaining Turkish citizenship.
- The process of buying real estate and transferring ownership is very simple and easy and does not take more than a few days.
- High investment return and guaranteed profits, given the economic and tourism strength of Turkey.
- The strength of the Turkish real estate market, its stable and continuous growth, the large number of demand and the diversity of supply, between apartments, hotel apartments, luxury villas and investment projects, in proportion to the goals and objectives of all investors.
- The charming views of the Bosphorus and the amazing nature in Turkey, which makes owning a home in Turkey a dream for everyone.
- Real estate prices in Turkey are very reasonable and much lower compared to the rest of European countries.
- Low real estate taxes, with the possibility of exemption from value-added tax of 18% if the buyer is a foreigner not residing in Turkey, with the condition that the property is not sold for only one year.
Is the Turkish citizenship law subject to amendment and change?
The Turkish citizenship granted by the Turkish government to foreign investors when buying a property in Turkey is exceptional. It is a grant from the Turkish government with the aim of encouraging foreign investment in the country, meaning that this law can be changed or canceled at any time, and it happened previously that the Turkish government changed this law and reduced the minimum amount for obtaining Turkish citizenship in return for real estate investment from $1 million to $250.000 in September of 2018, and then raised the minimum from $250.000 to $400.000 in June of 2022.
Investing in agricultural lands and construction lands in Turkey does not qualify the owner to obtain Turkish citizenship
A new decision was issued by the Presidency of the Republic of Turkey stipulating the exclusion of agricultural lands and construction lands from real estate properties that qualify their buyers to apply for Turkish citizenship in exchange for real estate investment. The new condition is the property must be built, in addition to the requirement that its value be no less than $400.000.
Based on this amendment, and after the issuance of this decision, the foreign investor will not be able to apply for Turkish citizenship in exchange for purchasing unbuilt real estate, meaning that the land is no longer a property eligible to obtain Turkish citizenship, whether it is agricultural land or construction land.
It is worth noting that in the past, the law permitted the granting of Turkish citizenship through ownership of land under certain conditions, such as preparing a construction project for land suitable for construction and preparing an agricultural project for agricultural land.
Luxury Signature real estate company helps you obtain Turkish citizenship through real estate investment in Turkey within just three months, under the supervision of a professional legal team over all procedures and operations, from the first stage until receiving the passport.